Scholarship Award Program
Learning Forward Maryland Awards Program - Educators as Innovators Excellence Award
Accepting Application Packets from March 16 – May 20, 2016
The goal of this Scholarship Fund is to assist and provide support for Learning Forward Maryland (LFMD) members working towards an advanced degree and/or program that emphasizes leadership in the area of professional learning and development. One scholarship in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded. The award funds must be used at an institution of higher education or a not-for-profit organization that offers certificate programs. Only fully completed application packets will be reviewed.
All applications should include:
- The Application Form – fully completed.
- Contact Information
- Essay – Part I: Please submit an essay of 500 words of your professional goals and share why you are seeking to expand your knowledge and skill set relative to professional learning. Part II: In no more than 250 words, please indicate how your work aligns with the Learning Forward's Professional Learning Standards.
- Resume – Include in your resume all colleges/universities attended, degree(s) awarded, area(s) of certification, educational work experiences, and additional information relative to work experiences and work responsibilities. Resumes should be limited to two pages.
- One Example/Artifact – of your work and leadership (i.e., video, PowerPoint presentation(s), article) in an ongoing school-based or system-wide professional learning program.
Professional Learning refers, to a model where learning is interlaced with work and is used to achieve continual improvement. To this end, professional learning focuses on key outcome areas for students and for the workplace and on building the capacity of individual employees to achieve these outcomes. Successful professional learning is that which is:
- embedded in daily practice
- needs based and linked to student/client learning needs
- tailored to meet the specific circumstances or contexts of participants
- sustained over a period of time
- Two Letters of Reference – Please have two immediate supervisory persons who are familiar with your work (within the last two years), submit letters of reference directly to LFMD at the address listed below:
1563 Eton Way
Crofton, MD 21114
Please submit your completed packet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please title the subject line 2016 LFMD Scholarship Award – (Last Name, First Name).
Questions: Please contact Antoinette Kellaher, Executive Director, LFMD at email@example.com.
Completed Submissions must be received by midnight, Friday, May 20, 2016.
Important Dates to RememberMarch 16, 2016 – Release of Scholarship Applications
May 20, 2016 – Application Due Date (submissions must be received by midnight)
June 20, 2016 – Announcement of Scholarship Award Winner
September 2016 (TBA) – Attendance at LFMD Annual Affiliate Dinner Meeting